Re: Power Angle Plow Question

Tue May 05, 2015 7:34 pm

has anyone ever put two cylinders on to make the plow angle both ways? I was thinking about doing this during the winter but I had to angle my plow both ways and just seemed like I would have been not being as efficient if I only had the one angle diretion.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:06 pm

GreaseMnky85 wrote:has anyone ever put two cylinders on to make the plow angle both ways? I was thinking about doing this during the winter but I had to angle my plow both ways and just seemed like I would have been not being as efficient if I only had the one angle diretion.

The setup as it's shown installed moves the plow fully from one stop to the other; it angles in either direction and everywhere in between. When the plow is straight, the cylinder is 1/2 way between stops. There is no need for a second cylinder like you see on truck plows.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:14 pm

that makes sense. I'm sure that had crossed my mind since. Definately a project I would like to work on this summer along with adding 9 inches to each side of my plow. I have a loboy 185 and need to get the wheel spaces for my chains also.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:50 pm

I have filled R1 tires, and the only time I needed chains was when there was solid ice on the ground. I didn't even put the chains on this past winter!

Wed May 06, 2015 7:41 pm

I have loaded turf tires and could have used my chains a few times this winter transporting fire wood and many times plowing snow. so hopefully by next winter I will have the tire spacers and I also want to extend my plow 9 inches on each side to make it 72 inches because my tires are wider than the plow sitting straight.

Wed May 06, 2015 9:57 pm

GreaseMnky85 wrote:I have loaded turf tires and could have used my chains a few times this winter transporting fire wood and many times plowing snow. so hopefully by next winter I will have the tire spacers and I also want to extend my plow 9 inches on each side to make it 72 inches because my tires are wider than the plow sitting straight.

Good call - I've been thinking of adding extensions too, but at an angle away from the face so the leading edge is more forward to the direction of travel and less snow spills off the wrong edge of the blade. I hate that, because I have to take a smaller bite and more passes to get things completely cleared.