This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Engine hour meter Manual.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48180
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub with
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Engine hour meter Manual.

Postby Criswell » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Does anyone have a scanned copy or extra copy of the Operators Manual for the Engine Hour Meter Attachments? I have all of the "parts" but I just can't find a copy or scan of the manual that would have come with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a picture of the cover, this was about all I could find.

Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Re: Engine hour meter Manual.

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Tractorboy3
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20707
Tractors Owned: ........
1950 H
1952 Super C
1954 Cub
1957 Cub
1958 Cub
1995 Cub Cadet 1440
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Tractorboy3 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Brandon Webb wrote:Send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Why not share it with us all??
'50 H, '52 Super C, '54 Cub, '57 Cub, '58 Cub, '95 Cub Cadet 1440

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:56 pm

It's 43 pages long and it was emailed to me, if someone knows a way I'll gladly.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:10 am

Brandon Webb wrote:.......... if someone knows a way I'll gladly.
:? :? :? Boy, what we really need is a place to share manuals! That would be great! Maybe a tab or two, and if somebody could figure out a way it could be put right at the top of every page here on the forum!

That thumping sound you hear is Rudi, Barnyard and a few others doing this.... :headbang

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Brandon, if you email me a copy (cub@farmallcub.com), I'll add it to the PDF files collection here.

Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Just did let me know if something doesn't work.

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:09 am

Thought I sent them to Rudi, but he's been resting up and all... :( Dennis: I have the original paper books for the IH Crawler and Farmall Tractor series and old Case if you need any of those.
Pics of Hobbs meters collection:
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=81610

Discussion about Cubs Hobbs meters:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80847&p=649383&hilit=hobbs#p649383
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21997&p=647120&hilit=hobbs#p647120

The mounting method for the cub puts it right next to your left foot, and you just might have it rub on your boot.
(Photo credit: Brandon Webb's Demo Cub.)
Some guys are mounting them near the oil filter or down low on the column that hold the steering wheel.
I like this method myself:
( Photo Credit: I dunno )

Honeywell bought out Hobbs a while back and moved the factory to Mexico.
The part number for the bracket is Honeywell Hobbs M558 and the rubber donut is M3888 from Honeywell Hobbs.
for those that want the smaller style w/o the rubber donut, try part number M329.
Pressure switch: Honeywell Hobbs 5000 Series P/N 78143 or 78400 ( both have a 4 PSI setting ). Pressure switch terminal boot: Honeywell Hobbs P/N 79380
It took a call directly to Honeywell and an email with a picture saying " this thing is what I want", before they said "ohhhhh, those things, yeah sure" :roll:

Criswell: Glad you have yourself a meter for your cub, it will make a nice addition.
PS: Please make sure the old cloth insulation on the wires is in real good shape or it will short out. Best to just replace with new stuff.
Last edited by Redcub on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:29 am

That's actually my old demo cub I put that hourmeter on it, I didn't go by the manual for installation just winged it from pictures in Updikes book. It didn't hit your foot or interfere in any way.

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:03 am

Brandon, it looks good. I should have said " might kick it with your boot like me" I have feet like a Hobbit. My wife refers to my shoes as aircraft carriers or "gun boats" :lol: I guess I'm kind of clumsy when it comes to whacking things with my feet. She reminds me every time.
Cheers :beer:
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Dennis
Site Admin
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Redcub wrote:Thought I sent them to Rudi, but he's been resting up and all... :( Dennis: I have the original paper books for the IH Crawler and Farmall Tractor series and old Case if you need any of those.

Do you have a way to scan them? I don't know how Bob in CT is doing lately, but in the past he has been able to scan manuals into PDF format and share them with me to put on the site. You might PM him if you don't have a scanner.

I know we always enjoy new manuals in the members collection!

Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:54 pm

Dennis, Bob in CT had a high speed scanner at his old job. I don't know if he still has access to one now.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm about to send you an Owner's Manual for a Farmall 140 Dennis!! I actually had to "destroy" a good original manual so i could scan it here at work without taking all day and doing it page by page; but now we have a good scanned copy. It will be from around the 1963-1964 era when they changed the sheetmetal. Once you get it uploaded (If you will please sir), it's funny because I noticed some errors in it like pictures of a Cub instead of a 140, etc.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Dennis
Site Admin
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:41 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:I'm about to send you an Owner's Manual for a Farmall 140 Dennis!! I actually had to "destroy" a good original manual so i could scan it here at work without taking all day and doing it page by page; but now we have a good scanned copy. It will be from around the 1963-1964 era when they changed the sheetmetal. Once you get it uploaded (If you will please sir), it's funny because I noticed some errors in it like pictures of a Cub instead of a 140, etc.

Great! As soon as I get it, I'll add it to the online library.

Thanks,
Dennis
Image Proud Member

[cos][/cos]

Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48180
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub with
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Postby Criswell » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Redcub wrote:Criswell: Glad you have yourself a meter for your cub, it will make a nice addition.
PS: Please make sure the old cloth insulation on the wires is in real good shape or it will short out. Best to just replace with new stuff.

I was able to pick-up an N.O.S. hour meter, ratty looking box but a new meter. The pressure switch was gone and the one that Honeywell/Hobbs uses as the current replacement is #76575, 1/8-27 NPT two terminal, N/O (normally open) with the switch closing with 4 psi (+/- 1 psi). I had to pay twice as much for the switch as I did for the hour meter. The bracket to mount it is only about $5, but the rubber mount is $12 and the guys that have it are charging over $10 in shipping for something about the size of a drink coaster. NAPA also has the rubber mount (#7011596), but they are charging about $30. All-in-all I am into it for about $60. You can usually pick-up 6 volt meters and gauges pretty cheap from aircraft surplus suppliers.
Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

Return to “Farmall Cub”