Re: Decisions to make about the '50 Cub

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:36 pm

The reason I decided to go ahead and rebuild the magneto is because my spark has been inconsistent with the external coil modifications. It has been very hot at the coil, but weak at the plugs. And, since the PO did a lot of what I would call "unorthodox" repairs, I have decided to go ahead and start fixing things right on this tractor.

Honestly, I had continued to do the same type of patchwork repairs to the tractor that the PO had done because I needed to keep the tractor working. Well, that finally fell through for me because it came plow time this year and the tractor wouldn't even start. So, the other day my neighbor brought over his Kubota and tilled up all my gardens for me instead! It turns out that his box tiller does a better job than my plow and disc harrow does.

So, now that I'm not under any time pressure to get this cub up and running, I'll just go ahead and start fixing everything right from here on out. It's had enough patchwork. It deserves quality work, so that's what I'll do.

Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it!