Re: Need help on cub

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Use the proper condenser, in the proper place inside the distributor. The NAPA number is ECH IH200.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Chase wrote:the internal condenser is missing will it work like this it's hooked on neg side of coil
Yes. No problem. The condenser does not have to be installed inside the distributor.

My guess, the correct location, inside the distributor, is a pain in the butt to install without the removal of the distributor.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Ok thanks everyone I'll get a new coil and points this weekend and try that what's point gap on them

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Gap is .020 for a battery (distributor) ignition.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 pm

I remember something about having to make sure you have SOLID CORE coil and spark plug wires?

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Chase, I am about 40 miles from you, Unfortunately I can't get over there to give you a hand until I get back from Florida. I will follow this thread to see how it works out and maybe I can take a road trip your way. Keep the weekend after Memorial Day open so you can attend the CubFest at our place. you will find a lot of the guys from the forum in attendance. It will be a great time to learn more about your Cub.