This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My Grandfather's Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
johnscub25
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44041

My Grandfather's Cub

Postby johnscub25 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:01 pm

CuI'm new to this site and so happy I found it I'm trying to fix my 1949 farmall cub that I inherited from my grandfather he was the original owner and its been sitting for about 5 years now but the bolts that hold the back left side of the rear end together have been sheered off how do I extract the threads any ideas would be appreciated thank you

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Restoration threads

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:04 pm

John,

I don't completely understand where your bolts are sheared off, however, I'm more than willing to take a firsthand look. Would be more than willing to give you a hand, if needed. I'm in Madison, so it is not a problem to come and give you a hand. If you are interested, send me a PM and we can make arrangements to meet. I really like MicroFests. :) :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

johnscub25
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44041

Re: My Grandfather's Cub

Postby johnscub25 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:45 am

The bolts are the same ones that hold the rear fender and the rear end its self on the left side if your standing behind looking at the cub and I would love to meet with you but I'll have to make some of my own arrangements before I can set anything with you I would love to get a extra hand on this thank you

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:35 am

You're apparently referring to the six bolts which mount the left final drive to the transmission case. Situations vary, depending on what caused the failure and so on. By all means, take advantage of Bill's offer to assist you, not only will you get great assistance, you'll make a new, real good friend. Bill's like that! Also, welcome to the forum!

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 am

johnscub25 wrote:CuI'm new to this site and so happy I found it I'm trying to fix my 1949 farmall cub that I inherited from my grandfather he was the original owner and its been sitting for about 5 years now but the bolts that hold the back left side of the rear end together have been sheered off how do I extract the threads any ideas would be appreciated thank you

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you're starting to work on your Cub (aka, grandfather's Cub). Take advantage of Bill's offer; he's a wealth of knowledge and help.

Also check out this site for valuable info like what to do when you first bring a Cub home:
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=16305

Or do a search on "bolt +extraction":
search.php?keywords=bolt+%2Bextraction

At some point, read through the section on posting pictures, because we ALL like to see pictures:
viewforum.php?f=148

Again, welcome!!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”