2014-2-4 Snow Pics

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:58 am

Some snow pics from Tuesday.

Neighbor's drive:

Other neighbor's drive:

Coming back from the neighbor who sold me his H:

My house:

This snow was our biggest this winter; total of 7"-9". Hard to measure snow fall when the wind is blowing 30+ MPH all night. But this is NOTHING compared to you all in Indiana, Ohio and up through the NE. My stocking cap's off to you... :)

Re: 2014-2-4 Snow Pics

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:33 am

Stanton:
Lets say we are running out of places to put this white crap. The local TV station had the town I live on the news we had 8" of snow. What really is bad I'm laid up from work with a knee injury, but I did show my wife how to use the snow blower. :roll: I'm ready for DSCF next week. We are to get more snow this coming weekend plus next week. If someone has a Winter Delete Button Please use it quick. :||):
Be Safe
Jeff

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:11 am

Jeff,

That "Winter Delete" button is down here in Florida. You can push it when you get here. :D

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:13 am

Here in the Dallas area, we had a possibility of snow on Tuesday, but it came as rain (about 1/4 inch). A county or two to the north or west is was snow. A degree or two colder and we could have had a big mess. It is snowing a little right now. It has been enough to give everything a coating of white but probably won't amount to anything.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:52 am

The TV said we had 10" of snow. It was light and easy pushing. Had 3 good sized drifts in front of the garage door. We used our 7th snow day over the past month yesterday at school. Kids loving the days off, but it is also cutting into my summer days off. They are calling for 2 more inches here Friday night and 2 on Saturday.
I like the seat time on my Cub, but when it takes me 4 to 6 hrs to make my round of plowing driveways, it gets old fast. But it makes for good piddling money :D :D :{_}:

You all take care. Only 42 days till spring, or 41.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:17 pm

I have gotten so tired of snow this winter I have quit taking pictures unless it is something really unusual.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:19 pm

Jason (IL) wrote:The TV said we had 10" of snow. It was light and easy pushing. Had 3 good sized drifts in front of the garage door. We used our 7th snow day over the past month yesterday at school. Kids loving the days off, but it is also cutting into my summer days off. They are calling for 2 more inches here Friday night and 2 on Saturday.
I like the seat time on my Cub, but when it takes me 4 to 6 hrs to make my round of plowing driveways, it gets old fast. But it makes for good piddling money :D :D :{_}:

You all take care. Only 42 days till spring, or 41.

More importantly, only 6 days before pitchers/catchers show up for Spring Training!!! :wink:

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:30 pm

For those of you that have PM'ed me to express sympathy for my missing out on the fun, here is a nice panoramic view of some of the "northern exposure" I got in December. I (of course) pushed all those snow piles up with a Cub.

IMG_5465 Stitchs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:08 pm

BAD ATTITUDE, guys! We just had a lovely 12" in a day, and enjoyed pushing it with the Cub (3 times, with the last 2 pushes just for the joy of it). Then, this morning, out on skis to take in the cross-country tracks nearby. Later today, we'll snowshoe about some. (Can you tell that we've been snow starved since December?)

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Jeff Silvey wrote:Stanton:
Lets say we are running out of places to put this white crap. The local TV station had the town I live on the news we had 8" of snow. What really is bad I'm laid up from work with a knee injury, but I did show my wife how to use the snow blower. :roll: I'm ready for DSCF next week. We are to get more snow this coming weekend plus next week. If someone has a Winter Delete Button Please use it quick. :||):
Be Safe
Jeff

Sir, could you please be so kind as to share your knowledge of women with us all. I have been married ten years, and still cant even get my wife to bring me a coke when she comes back from the kitchen.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:10 am

Nice place Stanton. What you guys need to do is figure out how to save some of that white stuff for July and August. Thanks for the pictures.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:19 am

randallc wrote:.........What you guys need to do is figure out how to save some of that white stuff for July and August. .............
Looking forward to the white stuff is what gets us through those 104 degree days in July and August. Just like dreaming of those 104 degree days is getting me through MINUS FOUR this morning!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:39 pm

leerenovations wrote:
Jeff Silvey wrote:Stanton:
Be Safe
Jeff

Sir, could you please be so kind as to share your knowledge of women with us all. I have been married ten years, and still cant even get my wife to bring me a coke when she comes back from the kitchen.

Lee, Jeff's wife has to go to work! He takes this light duty stuff seriously. :lol:

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Stanton,
With all the snow we have had here in Ohio I am thinking about getting a blade for my cub, my drive is about 450' long. Could you measure the total length of your Cub from farthest point to farthest point with the blade at an angle and also perpendicular to the center line of the tractor. I am wondering if I have the room, no hurry though.
Thanks