Hydraulic Arms weeping

Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello members. its been some time since ive been on here..(busy) Anyway, my cultivating 1948 cub was a great working unit last summer, and today i started it up and noticed the cultivators dropping down slowly, (hydraulic weep) i looked and seen no leaks anywhere, Any suggestions on what the problem may be or what to do? Thank you :(

Re: Hydraulic Arms weeping

Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Check the fluid level in the touch control block. If its low, check the oil level in the engine crankcase. If its high, the hydraulic pump drive shaft seal is leaking and needs to be replaced. If the engine is not high, fill the TC block and bleed any air from the system.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Did you bleed the system to make sure there was no air n it? I would try that first. Also check your engine oil to make sure the hydraulic isn't leaking into your crank case.

Edit: Looks like Don is a step ahead of me.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Don & Barnyard, took your advise and I just bled the system..Seems everything is back to :D .......Thank you for this sunday evening help! god bless

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 pm

If the problem comes back, go to this link and download the GSS-1024 touch control service manual.
http://www.farmallcub.com/fcman/index.p ... ls&order=0

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:17 am

John, Great Info you posted. Thank you