Re: Snowing...I'm heading out early!!!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:39 pm

I'm glad I'm on the warm side of that stuff. :shock:

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Just finished checking in at Lake Seminole Inn, and will head over to help/harass Mr E and the gang!!! Already had lunch, so just looking for some friendly faces! Barely a few sprinkles right now, but did have heavy rain most of the way from Macon.

Good luck all!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Glad you made it safely.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:11 pm

3 inches in Hog Waller and coming down, 4:10 pm my time
Boss

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:28 pm

wow. All of you out there traveling get off the smartphones and quit browsing the forums, and drive safely!! Especially the ones coming from a long ways and not familiar with the area(s). I'm sure all of you will be fine if you just take your time and don't rush in this weather.

Heck I'm working in Montgomery right now and just worried about being able to travel back up to Birmingham (~100 miles) where the tractors are so I can hopefully get some work done this weekend! I guess that is the difference between us southern folks not used to this kind of weather and not having the correctly prepared roads/cars.

Ya'll be safe and have a good time in Florida!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Roy, I won't be there tomorrow and I am not sure about Friday either. I may have to give Raymond a refund for his purchase if I cannot deliver it.

I'm fixing to call the Inn now and tell them to cancel Thursday night.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:54 pm

We just checked in at Seminole Inn about a half hour ago. Once we got to Dothan I figured I might as well go on to Sneads. I-65 was no different than driving through a typical rain at home. Saw some snow but nothing that looked hazardous to us. We'll see some of you at Roy's in the morning.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Glad to see that you and Rosie made it safely. See you tomorrow.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Looking out at the gulf now. :D

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Are you "at work", Harold?

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:55 pm

Don, I talked to Harold this morning when he was iced in. He was hoping there would be enough thawing that hecould leave this afternoon or evening and get part way. So if he can see the Gulf, he's at least a couple of hours along .

Bob

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:17 am

Yep....I'm in Mobile.....waiting for the rest of the LA brigade to catch up.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:10 pm

We got out of the ice, snow, and slush in Atlanta and made it as far south as Moultrie.

Here's my wife hooking the trailer while I supervised:

Here we are at our first rest stop:

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 pm

Dale:

I met you in Sneads this past week end, My wife spent some time with you and your transmission.

Do you know the thickness and the width of the lining material needed to do the brakes. I have found the material on McMaster Carr but do not know which to order.
If possible please help

Harold Page
Bud29376@yahoo.com

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Harold, Check your "brake lining" post from this morning. :D

Bob