Replacing Touchcontrol filter screen

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm wondering what are the options when this filter screen must be replaced? The existing metal screen is split in several places from what appears to being compressed when installed. It seems like the screen is made longer than the area where it fits into the housing and the screen has collapsed/broken from being forced into the smaller space. :?: :?: Thanks, Stan

Re: Replacing Touchcontrol filter screen

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 pm

They do get a little "distorted" when installed, they are pliable and does not hurt it, make sure to get out all the old debris
Tim

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:06 pm

The only option I know of is to buy from Case/IH.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:41 pm

IIRC, somebody on here made one. I did a quick search, but couldn't find it. Perhaps he will see this and post the link.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Here's a link to the one Stanton made: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77883&p=624132&hilit=screen#p624132

Bob

Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:35 pm

I have some very fine mesh that has not rusted, not sure what it is. Had it over 10 years. Got it thinking fuel filters. Might work good for this. Might be willing to share if no cost to me. What size piece would be needed? Anyone have a spare screen to experiment with?

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:13 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Here's a link to the one Stanton made: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77883&p=624132&hilit=screen#p624132

Bob

Bob already linked my meager attempt above. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. Made two for two separate Cubs; one of which has been run a lot lately in conjunction with my 54A blade pushing snow. Got a good workout and so far no issues.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks to all for the responses. I believe this is something that I can do if I can get the materials. Stan

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:02 pm

staninlowerAL wrote:Thanks to all for the responses. I believe this is something that I can do if I can get the materials. Stan

I'm sure you can do it. Just be sure when you torch off the old steel rings from that you do it someplace where a little fire/smoke won't hurt (like outside). I torched a pair off in my basement workshop. It started flaming and smoking so much, I grabbed it with a pair of pliers and ran it upstairs to the garage, only to drip solder and burning hydraulic fluid up the stairs as I went. Wasn't ready for all that. Still see stains months later.

Have fun, be careful and post some pictures of your finished job.