Re: Gassed up covered up and ready for action in the AM

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:02 am

It has stopped snowing, we have about a foot on the roof :D, it covered the intake for the furnace and it stopped, we got it cleared this am, also plowed a path out to the road. I hope it is over. spose to get to 50 tomorrow :D

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:34 am

Another 80-90 inches and you'll be caught up with us up here in Michigan. :lol:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 pm

I got to play too!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:33 pm

snow is coming down again :oops:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:13 pm

We had a foot of snow also , I have been plowing and blowing snow all day .

Berlin

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Don't know how much we got. First about 4 inches then sleet that beat down first snow, then more snow. Guessing about 10 altogether. Enough snow to collapse neighbors metal carport and stress ours pretty good. Rafters are curved and east side is several inches out of plumb. Fortunately snow and ice melted off limbs and wires before becoming a problem.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Got about 12" but it drifted in my little valley. The jeep Tractor had a ball romping around pushing the snow.
I'm no Yankee going to Florida, I'm no Yankee I'm from Italy. It's those Yankees returning from Florida bringing this weather with them. The Yankees are in spring training? Kidding.

More ice & snow due tonight, up to 5" more snow on Saturday. GREAT?

Remember it's 40 degrees next week. The garlic should be pushing up through the snow soon. Get the tillers running.

Can the weather pattern get any worse? I hope the polar bears are ok they should have plenty of ice.

I just put away another cord of firewood for next year but who knows.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:43 am

Somebody warmed it up just enough to turn to heavy rain here after a couple of inches of snow. The ice banks are still firmly in place from the last time I plowed with the Cub..... need a stump grinder for most sidewalks around here!

Guess it's too much for Joyce to get with the leaf blower this time :lol: !

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:22 pm

I have been plowing most of the day and shoveling the roofs, we had 18" on the ground and in the past two days got 30" more, snow is getting piled high here, suppose to get more tonight
Tim

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:22 pm

tst wrote:I have been plowing most of the day and shoveling the roofs, we had 18" on the ground and in the past two days got 30" more, snow is getting piled high here, suppose to get more tonight
Tim

Tim,
Sounds like you're bragging! :lol:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:56 am

We got about a foot and a half the other day on top of the snow and ice that hasn't melting because of the cold weather. It took me all day to push back the snow and ice piles because my driveway was getting narrower and narrower. another 6" on the way today. I'm running out of rroom to put this stuff. Thought about moving south but it looks like I would have to pack my snow blade.
Kirk

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:36 am

Now you know what it feels like! I'm glad it didn't hit here. We (Grand Rapids, MI) are already the third most snowfall in the nation (that includes Alaska!). We had 3 weeks straight with temps in the single digits and it hasn't been above freezing since early in December. It's been a rough one!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 am

offrink wrote:Now you know what it feels like! I'm glad it didn't hit here. We (Grand Rapids, MI) are already the third most snowfall in the nation (that includes Alaska!). We had 3 weeks straight with temps in the single digits and it hasn't been above freezing since early in December. It's been a rough one!

Last summer I was in Manistee Mi. My old neighbor asked me now that your retired are you going to move back to Manistee. NO! NO! :mrgreen: