Missing A 54 Blade Part?

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 pm

I got this blade with my Loboy tractor when I bought it. I have always wished I had more LIFT for ground clearance and also for pushing snow piles up and over. Tonight I had the tractor in the garage for some maintenance and I was scoping out which part of the linkage would need to be longer(or shorter) to get me more blade lift. Then I decided to look at the manual, and TM's Implement Mounting Gallery to see exactly how it goes together there and then it hits me...I think I'm missing a part that goes on the touch control arm that the round tie rod looking link mounts to. Doubtful anyone has an extra one of these, but does anyone have a drawing with dimensions I can work from to make one?

PHOTO CREDIT:
Both Photos are from the wonderful folks at TM Tractor.

This is the blade version I have. The part I don't have is the one that is freshly painted red in this pic.

I do not have this bolt on link.

Re: Missing A 54 Blade Part?

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Wow Don, you drew that fast!!
Tim

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Tim,

You'll notice that it's not my name at the bottom center of each drawing. :D

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Pen name I bet :D

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Hey Don, Is that someone you know? Is he a member of this forum? The phone number on the drawings indicates he's in NE Ohio, maybe the Lordstown or Warren area. Those are great drawings and extremely helpful if one needs to reproduce that piece. Does he or do you have other drawings of Cub parts like this. If so we should try to have them available to the forum somehow. Thanks for the post.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Smokeycub wrote:Hey Don, Is that someone you know? Is he a member of this forum? The phone number on the drawings indicates he's in NE Ohio, maybe the Lordstown or Warren area. Those are great drawings and extremely helpful if one needs to reproduce that piece. Does he or do you have other drawings of Cub parts like this. If so we should try to have them available to the forum somehow. Thanks for the post.

Ray,
This is from Rudi's Manual Server. Several forum members have made sketches of parts over the years and Rudi has them archived on his server.

Peter

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Peter Person wrote:Ray,This is from Rudi's Manual Server. Several forum members have made sketches of parts over the years and Rudi has them archived on his server.Peter

Wow - I missed that somehow. What heading are they listed under? Thanks - I'll check it out.

Edit - I found it. Under "How Do I?" - "Sketches and Drawings"