Front Wheel Weights?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Hello from buried-in-snow Connecticut! So pushing around the heavier snow throws my tractor opposite to the angle the blade is set at. Will front wheel weights help with this? I imagine, common sense speaking, that these were designed for just this reason, huh? :lol:

Experience anyone?

Re: Front Wheel Weights?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:03 pm

yup and two sets are better than one

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Hmm, might have to find me some then. Good thing my birthday is Monday - my wife won't be able to yell at me for buying ANOTHER thing for my Cub. :{_}:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:37 am

Simplicity wheel weights from their garden tractors fit just fine if you can't find any. T.J.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:42 pm

welderrx wrote:Simplicity wheel weights from their garden tractors fit just fine if you can't find any. T.J.

Good info! I found a local source that is willing to sell a pair for $75 but it's an hour's drive. If anyone wants to dump a set shipped to CT for the same price PM me. Hey, never know.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:02 pm

using brakes to steer also helps a lot.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Connecticut Calvin wrote:
welderrx wrote:Simplicity wheel weights from their garden tractors fit just fine if you can't find any. T.J.

Good info! I found a local source that is willing to sell a pair for $75 but it's an hour's drive. If anyone wants to dump a set shipped to CT for the same price PM me. Hey, never know.

That's $50.00 less than the going rate. You'd better grab them!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Garden tractor rear wheel weights usually fit and are much cheaper than weights with the IH logo.

Try your local small engine shops to see if they have junkers with wheel weights.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:50 pm

$75.00? Thats worth the hour drive, I have a couple sets and just like Denny said the going price is $125.00

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:24 pm

I've always used front weights (one set) and never have had the front end get pushed by the plow. I bought mine at a garage sale for $15. :mrgreen: