Yet another question.......

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:27 am

Hey everybody.
I got another question.
I was wondering what Case Tractor is most like a Farmall Cub and/or Farmall A?
Is the Case VA similar to either one?
Just trying to see what tractors are similar across the board.

Re: Yet another question.......

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:38 am

Nothing compares to a cub. :wink: :lol: A case VA is similar in size and hp to a IH A or B and to a ford 8N or an Allis Chalmers B or a John Deere H.

I really do not think anything really compares to a cub when you figure in all the special implements that International designed for just the cub tractor. No other company went to this extreme for this small of a tractor. I think that is why they sold so many. In size and Hp the only comparable that I can think of is the Allis Chalmers G, 4 cyl. 62" 10hp or the John Deere L, 2 cyl. 66" 10.4 hp.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:44 am

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/index.html

Select manufacturer, click on the right hand column, power-sorted.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:41 pm

You forgot the massey-harris pony, Ron

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:19 pm

There are LOTS of oddball tractors that compare to cubs!---finding parts for them could be another story!---Bison is a FULL 25 hp with 6-speed transmission---STANDARD US 3-point +solid drawbar,---wide front, shorter tractor than cub or SA (easier to get around with), built in over running pto which is both 540 and 1,000 standard 6 spline (just push handle down for 1,000 or pull up for 540)---also has diffy lock! thanks; sonny

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:47 pm

It occurs to me that the Power King / Economy tractors might be most like the Cub, although with more powerful engines. That is, a simple design w/ manual gearbox and manual steering, rather larger than garden tractors.