Brake Lining

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:32 am

Bob

What are the dimensions on the lining material that I need to order from Macmaster carr to do the brakes on my 1950 and 1974 cubs. (thickness and width)

also what strength of material do I need to order.

Harold Page
bud29376@yahoo.com

Re: Brake Lining

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 am

Harold, I'd suggest ordering the high strength. 1 1/2" W x 3/16", McMaster part # is 6224K343. This part # has changed from the "How to" video. You'll need about 12" per brake.

Bob

Re: Brake Lining

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:39 am

Where else in the world can you go and get this good of answer so quickly for all your Cub needs??

Re: Brake Lining

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:51 am

bud29376 wrote:Bob

What are the dimensions on the lining material that I need to order from Macmaster carr to do the brakes on my 1950 and 1974 cubs. (thickness and width)

also what strength of material do I need to order.

Harold Page
bud29376@yahoo.com


I see Bob's got you covered, so I'll just welcome you to the forum! :coffee:

Re: Brake Lining

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:54 am

ricky racer wrote:Where else in the world can you go and get this good of answer so quickly for all your Cub needs??

This pretty much shows this site is the best there is for Cub answers. I'm glad to see you finally got your first post in. It was great meeting you at DSCF. I hope you can make it to a few more CubFests.

Re: Brake Lining

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Re: Brake Lining

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:04 pm

I just ordered4 strips of brake lining an a box of rivets $ 33.81 $6.65shp 1' strip $ 5.53 rivets $11.69 have fun!!

Re: Brake Lining

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks everyone for your help. I do know I made a few mistakes in posting and may have aggravated some people, I apologize and will try to do better .

Thanks again for a the good information

Bud29376

Re: Brake Lining

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:56 am

bud29376 wrote:I made a few mistakes in posting and may have aggravated some people,

Nobody should be aggravated about anything. If you made a posting mistake so what? Most all of us have made a mistake or two...or three. You learn from mistakes so there is no apology needed. Just keep asking questions and the guys will keep answering. By the way, thanks for the help on my Cub at DSCF.