This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Delayed Lift

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06443

Delayed Lift

Postby nomad » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:48 am

I have a snow plow and about 150 lbs of weight on a fast hitch carry all in back for traction. The set up has been working fine for plowing this winter.

But now I am noticing a "delay" in the lifting of these. When i push the lever forward it takes some time for hydraulics to actually lift. If i assist by also pulling on the rod, it will lift faster.

No loud screeching noises. Checked hydraulic fluid and it appears to be at the top.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

Thanks,

Nomad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Andrew Z
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06234

Re: Delayed Lift

Postby Andrew Z » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Maybe a plugged screen inside the TC unit.

Andrew
49 Cub, and many other Farmalls and one Orange critter :)

This is Farmall Country!!

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:16 pm

some fast hitches have a latch bar that you can latch the fast hitch in the up position.( made of high carbon steel ) Be advised that you must have the down pressure coller on the lift rod moved forward to allow free float of the lift rod, also If you dont have a latch bar then I would chain the fast hitch in the up position. Lifting the fast hitch and blade repetivily can over heat the hydraulic oil making it cause the symptoms you have.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Connecticut Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06070
Tractors Owned: '54 Farmall Cub "Betty"

Postby Connecticut Calvin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Howdy neighbor - my hydraulics move very slowly in the cold. It's not until the tractor's been working hard for a good 30 minutes before the fluid gets warm enough for the pumps to push the fluid through easier. If it's really cold outside it......just......barely......movvvvveeeeeesssssss. :lol:
She thinks my tractor's sexy...

Connecticut Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06070
Tractors Owned: '54 Farmall Cub "Betty"

Postby Connecticut Calvin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Oh one other thought (and guys correct me if I'm woring) but you need to check your hydraulic fluid with the touch control lever pushed all the way back towards the operator's seat. If you check and it's in the forward position and it's full it isn't. You'll see it go down when pull the lever back. I learned this from the boys at Cecil's in the fall. They're shmahrt. :D
She thinks my tractor's sexy...

nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nomad » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:16 am

Hi all and thanks. I'll check for screen issues, and will figure out how to chain the fast hitch up as I do not need that to move up and down with the blade. Hello to neighbor CT Calvin and, yes, it does seem to be a cold issue, but haven't had it long enough to figure out if it is also a hot issue.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:29 am

You cannot tell if the hydraulic fluid is up to level by looking. There is a ledge just inside the filler that looks like there is plenty of fluid, whether there is fluid or not. Bend a wire in an L shape so you can reach inside it to the reservoir.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nomad » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 am

Great catch. I was only looking in. Otherwise, symptoms act like it is low on fluid. I'll report back. Thanks!

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:03 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:You cannot tell if the hydraulic fluid is up to level by looking. .......
Reason #2 to always keep a small flashlight near your tractor. Shine it in the hole to see the fluid level better. (By the way Reason #1 is to see the coolant level in the radiator)

Return to “Farmall Cub”