This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Drain plugs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
absrio
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46936
Tractors Owned: 1975 International Cub
1980 John Deere 2940
2008 John Deere 2305

Drain plugs

Postby absrio » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Finally started on fluid replacement on a 1975 Cub. My TC drain plug is frozen in place. I have only tried it a few times, but it's starting to round. Tranny is filled to about two inches below fill plug. Went to remove the drain and snapped the wrench. At least the level bolt is able to move. Sprayed some PB Blaster on them maybe they will work loose.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Re: Drain plugs

Postby smallfarm » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Scratch off any paint that may be sealing it shut, then try smacking it a few times with a hammer to jar it loose then wrench it SLIGHTLY to tighten it before loosening. This usually works for me on frozen bolts etc. where i don't want to use the "Blue Wrench"
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Return to “Farmall Cub”