I just wanted to remark that that is a very clever way to build a splitter. Mine looked like something Fred Flintstone would have devised. I assume you use two, one for each side of the housing.
No, just one, normally on the drivers side, but since I was lazy as well as having back problems I did not want to pull the grader blade off to get it on the driver side. When it is split there is only about a hundred pounds of weight on the stand, less if there are no hydraulics. The rear tires need to be aired up a little hard to keep the rear from settling a little to one side and throwing the bolts out of alinement.
This cub spends it life with a rear carry all, belly blade and front blade mounted all the time. In the summer I pull the pins and remove the front blade framework. The rest of the time I either chain up or change my home made adjustments according to what I am doing. I have 2 artificial hips, one of which required major reconstruction, as well as several back problems, and I did not want to pull all of that off just to replace the rear engine seal. I am the MASTER OF MAKE DO
Note, several years ago I was replacing the throwout bearing and had the bright idea to lower the blade and put enough pressure on it to hold the rear up while I split it. That was NOT
a good idea. The lift system air locked and would not prime or move. I ended up removing the Touch Control unit and pulling the TC head to reset the piston in the lowered position, before I could get it to work. Later, I realized I could probably have gotten it to work by removing the top allen plug in the lines at the TC unit and letting it push the air out there, but i have not tried that since, in case I was wrong.