This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Going To An Auction Tomorrow, Wish Me Luck

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Going To An Auction Tomorrow, Wish Me Luck

Postby ricky racer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm going to an auction tomorrow. It's unlike any auction I have been to before. It is actually an estate sale operated like most tag sales but they have a few large items that they are going to auction off at 1:00 tomorrow. One of the items being auctioned is a Cub. I stopped yesterday to take a look at it. From a distance, it doesn't look to bad but the closer you get the worse it is. The motor is stuck, some parts are missing and I tried to move the Touch Control lever and it appears to be stuck too (at the TC unit). Oh well, it's close by so I have to go, you know how it is.

Here are a couple of pics:

I couldn't read the serial tag so I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture. When I got home and zoomed in on the tag, I noticed what appears to be a crack in the bolster up above the serial tag on the right hand side. Seems like an unusual place for a crack. It might just be the paint but will require closer inspection.

A couple of other items being auctioned are 2 scooters, One is a Wards Riverside (not sure who made it for them)

The other is a Cushman. They say it runs.

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Going To An Auction Tomorrow, Wish Me Luck

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:31 pm

My loader cub when I got it had a crack in about the same location, but on the opposite side. It was an old crack that had been JB Welded, and then painted over so long ago that the paint was badly faded. right engine ear was broken, and left side of bolster was cracked. Not sure what was holding it together with that loader on it. Both problems were there many years before the loader was mounted. As a side note, it was close to the same serial as the one you posted.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:18 am

Get the Cushman! What a fun scooter that was in it's day. Only "your" Cushman needs some serious sheet metal work. Look, though, at that pedal! Waiting for you to bend down, or flip it up with your shoe, then jump down on it, sit down on the comfortable seat (where'd that go?), give enough twist to the gas to get the clutch engaged and off you go. Not much leaning over in curves, though, as that floor board will grab the pavement. Never had one, but drove a few and thought them pleasant. :roll: :?:

vern b
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16354
Skype Name: vernb
Tractors Owned: 1950 cub

Postby vern b » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:44 am

DickB wrote:Get the Cushman! What a fun scooter that was in it's day. Only "your" Cushman needs some serious sheet metal work. Look, though, at that pedal! Waiting for you to bend down, or flip it up with your shoe, then jump down on it, sit down on the comfortable seat (where'd that go?), give enough twist to the gas to get the clutch engaged and off you go. Not much leaning over in curves, though, as that floor board will grab the pavement. Never had one, but drove a few and thought them pleasant. :roll: :?:

No sheet metal needed for this model as it is an "Air Bord" model used by the army.
Vern b
YOU CAN DO IT,YOU CAN DO IT,IF YOU PUT YOUR MINE TO IT ! :)

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Well, another swing and a miss. I went with a dollar amount in mind, which wasn't much but you never know...

Any way the Cub sold for $400 which is probably a bargain. The guy I was bidding against was an old man with 1 leg in a wheel chair along with his grandson which I suspect was maybe 20 years old. He appeared to be intent on taking it home so I didn't want to run the bids up on him especially if it is a project that he and his grandson plan on working on together.

Prior to the auction as I was waiting around I did make 1 purchase. I found this belt hanging in the garage marked $5 and this being the 3rd day of the sale everything was 50% off so I bought it. :wink:

Oh yeah, the scooters sold too. The Cushman which ran pretty good but was rough sold for $1900 and the Wards Riverside which didn't run sold for $600.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Postby brichter » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:47 pm

You didn't need luck, Rick, you needed money!!!
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

Return to “Farmall Cub”