This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Source for clutch lever (finger)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
clodhopper
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27526
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub Demo
1978 Cub Cadet 1650
cub 193 plow
cub 174 planter
cub sidedresser
cub 144 cultivator
cadet 50C deck
Circle of Safety: Y

Source for clutch lever (finger)

Postby clodhopper » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:20 pm

clutch.jpg
clutch.jpg (77.66 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Anyone have a source for these? Betty Lou had a new clutch from PO, and the fingers are CHEAP steel. One broke at the pivot pin which I welded up, and now another one has broken at the pivot pin. The clutch ( in terms of clutches) is practically brand new. Can I buy these parts from IH or somewhere that isn't selling JUNK? Not a fan of splitting...

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Re: Source for clutch lever (finger)

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:25 pm

buy a used one, from one of our used parts people, or E-bay. Throw the other one, back to China, where it belongs.
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Messick's shows the fingers (lever) as available for $10.78@ with bolt and nut, but not in stock. If you replace those, what are the chances that something else will break later?

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:45 am

My father in law had a guy replace the clutch & pressure plate on his Cub last winter and the fingers have collapsed, he can't make the clutch release when he mashes the pedal. I'm thinking he needs to replace the fingers too.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:18 am

Your best bet is to purchase a used or rebuilt US manufactured plate.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:50 am

Super A wrote:My father in law had a guy replace the clutch & pressure plate on his Cub last winter and the fingers have collapsed, he can't make the clutch release when he mashes the pedal. I'm thinking he needs to replace the fingers too.

Al
check the throw out bearing, if the fingers are not adjusted correctly or if it was an aftermarket TO that was not pre-lubricated, the graphite may be worn off.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:59 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
Super A wrote:My father in law had a guy replace the clutch & pressure plate on his Cub last winter and the fingers have collapsed, he can't make the clutch release when he mashes the pedal. I'm thinking he needs to replace the fingers too.

Al
check the throw out bearing, if the fingers are not adjusted correctly or if it was an aftermarket TO that was not pre-lubricated, the graphite may be worn off.

I'll tell him. He did know to request a graphite bearing. Whether the guy lubed it is another story....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall Cub”