Cub mounting step

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:59 am

On TM's contact page there is a photo of a cub with 3 ol' glories.
I like the mounting step that is shown better than the factory. I called TM and they said they cannot get that step any longer.
Any ideas where to purchase one similar?

Thanks,
Dell

Re: Cub mounting step

Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:14 am

PM Barnyard, he has them for sale.

Bob

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:45 am

Are these the same as the ones I see on eBay regularly? Also, who is "Barnyard"? Sorry I don't know all the old-timers!

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:51 am

Jay, Bill Weisbrodt's Forum name is "Barnyard". The steps he has made are a heavier gauge steel than the ones on eBay and less likely to bend. Bill and his wife Rosie also host the "Barnyard Bash" in Harrison, Ohio the end of May.

Bob

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:53 am

I don't know if they are the same as the ones on E-Bay, but they are the bomb. To PM (Private Message) Barnyard, click on the "new messages" link in the upper left of the forum main page (between "User Control Panel" and "View Your Posts"), which will bring up the PM screen. Type "Barnyard" in the "To" box, and your request and return contact information in the message box, click "submit" and you're done. Check that same "new messages" link periodically, it will tell you if someone has sent you a PM.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Dell wrote:On TM's contact page there is a photo of a cub with 3 ol' glories.
I like the mounting step that is shown better than the factory. I called TM and they said they cannot get that step any longer.
Any ideas where to purchase one similar?

Thanks,
Dell

Dell,

That particular step is made by:
Norm Quay
Unique Design Workshop
830 South Main Street
DeGraff, OH 43318
937-585-6475

RustyKnuckles wrote:Are these the same as the ones I see on eBay regularly? Also, who is "Barnyard"? Sorry I don't know all the old-timers!

It all depends on which step you are referring to. There are a couple of different designs. The step in TM's picture is one that bolts directly to the right final drive. Barnyard is one of our moderators and sells the easily removable steps that mount to the platform.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:13 pm

Sorry Dell, I gave you a bum steer. I forgot that TM used to sell the other style. Barnyard's hang under the right front corner of the platform (on the brake pedal tube).

Bob

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Where would I find pictures of both Barnyard's and Mr. Quay's step.

Thanks,
Dell

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Look Here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78658&p=629778&hilit=steps#p629778

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Dell wrote:Where would I find pictures of both Barnyard's and Mr. Quay's step.

Thanks,
Dell

Dell,

Ken has you covered on Barnyard's step. I can shoot and post a pic of Norm's step tomorrow. I have one that I've not mounted yet. I have just too much going on right now to get that done. Let me just say that you will find that anything you buy from Norm will be a quality product. I'll get the pic(s) tomorrow.

Bill

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:06 pm

I bought a step from Barnyard in Florida at Roy's fest and I really like it . It is made of heavy gauge steel and can be easily transferred to a different tractor . The price is reasonable also.

Berlin

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys, I do appreciate that.

Dell, yes Norm is the fella that makes the step you are looking for. I can echo the others, Norm makes really good stuff. His battery boxes are second to none also.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:38 am

You can also send a PM to Bill6496. I think that he has a couple of those final drive mounted steps in his inventory. Bill is located near Johnstown, PA...

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Dell,

As promised, here are some pics of Norm Quay's Cub Step:

Excellent workmanship, powder coated.

Hope this helps.

Bill