This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

rock guard guage

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

rock guard guage

Postby smallfarm » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:58 pm

I had one (may still have somewhere??????) but I can't find it. If I get tired of looking I may just cut one out of some thin flat stock. Does anybody know what the correct measurements are?

Thanks
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: rock guard guage

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:43 pm

I can measure one for you tomorrow when I get back from breakfast.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Took me a while to find it. I am assuming you know what the general shape of it is already...
The narrow end is 3/16". The bottom "notch" where it rests on the ledger plate is 2 7/16" long x 3/32".
The wide end is 1 1/8". Total length is 7". The distance from the bottom edge of the narrow end to where the top taper ends is 4 5/8". The taper measures 4 3/4" along the top edge. If any of that is unclear, just let me know.

Bob
-Albert Einstein

smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Postby smallfarm » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 pm

I almost got it, but I ain't that smart. I think I understand but you lost me on this part." The distance from (did you mean along?) the bottom edge of the narrow end to where the top taper ends is 4 5/8". The taper measures 4 3/4" along the top edge."
Does that mean that the flat part of the top is 2 3/8" ?

Thank you
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Yes, you have the dimensions correct. The 4 5/8" is along the bottom edge from the narrow end, along the ledger plate notch to where the taper ends directly above it.

Bob
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farmall Cub”