rock guard guage

Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:58 pm

I had one (may still have somewhere??????) but I can't find it. If I get tired of looking I may just cut one out of some thin flat stock. Does anybody know what the correct measurements are?

Thanks

Re: rock guard guage

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:43 pm

I can measure one for you tomorrow when I get back from breakfast.

Bob

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Took me a while to find it. I am assuming you know what the general shape of it is already...
The narrow end is 3/16". The bottom "notch" where it rests on the ledger plate is 2 7/16" long x 3/32".
The wide end is 1 1/8". Total length is 7". The distance from the bottom edge of the narrow end to where the top taper ends is 4 5/8". The taper measures 4 3/4" along the top edge. If any of that is unclear, just let me know.

Bob

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 pm

I almost got it, but I ain't that smart. I think I understand but you lost me on this part." The distance from (did you mean along?) the bottom edge of the narrow end to where the top taper ends is 4 5/8". The taper measures 4 3/4" along the top edge."
Does that mean that the flat part of the top is 2 3/8" ?

Thank you

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Yes, you have the dimensions correct. The 4 5/8" is along the bottom edge from the narrow end, along the ledger plate notch to where the taper ends directly above it.

Bob