cub impliment questions

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Did IH make a fasthitch 16 blade gain disc and middle buster? I have a '64 red cub I just restored, wasnt the 64 the first year of the square grill and the last year of the "farmall" version? What is the story of the red and white cub?

Re: cub impliment questions

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:25 am

Yep and yep. They made several models of fast hitch disks, I don't know that the cub could handle a tandem though. I don't know all the model numbers, but I have a #120 I use with my Super A. It was made in the 60s. They made it in several sizes, my dad got a 20 blade version with his new 424 in 1967.

I want an IH fast hitch middle buster. I think I know where one is at, still used every year to dig sweet taters in the garden.

Al

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:55 pm

I've seen alot of middlebusters for the fast hitch, but they all seemed to be an aftermarket one. I have seen ONE middlebuster that "appeared" to be an original IH. Not sure if they offered one, but this one looked original with red paint and was a solid 1 peice design! The only one I've seen, and of course it was when we agreed to help a guy by hauling the Farmall 140 he had bought (that we missed out on because the owner lost our number). It was a nice looking unit.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:14 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:I've seen alot of middlebusters for the fast hitch, but they all seemed to be an aftermarket one. I have seen ONE middlebuster that "appeared" to be an original IH. Not sure if they offered one, but this one looked original with red paint and was a solid 1 peice design! The only one I've seen, and of course it was when we agreed to help a guy by hauling the Farmall 140 he had bought (that we missed out on because the owner lost our number). It was a nice looking unit.

The IH one had a lever to shift the buster bottom over, like the one for a standard Super A drawbar.

Al

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Here's one owned by Brian Pierce from TM's gallery:

Bob

Edit: Cub F-17

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 pm

If it has a lever to shift it SIDE to SIDE then is it still a MIDDLEBUSTER? :? :D :lol:

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:02 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Here's one owned by Brian Pierce from TM's gallery:

Bob

Edit: Cub F-17

I sure would like to have one. I have a nice middle buster for a Super A with standard drawbar, but I'd like to be able to dig taters with Old Ugly if I need to....

Al