lOST FAN OIL SCREW

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello Gang,
Well while I was installing a new radiator from H'Bob Though i'd do a spring tune up,While I was installing the scrw It fell be darn If I can fine it now. :( any suggestion on what I can use in it's place?
vern b

Re: lOST FAN OIL SCREW

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 am

The oil retaining screw on the fan is a #12 machine screw x 5/8". It also has a small O-Ring type gasket.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am

Thanks Bill,
will get a new one this morning
vern b

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:43 am

Hey Vern - after you buy and install that new screw, let us all know how quickly the "lost" one turns up, and where it was! Al D

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:59 am

Al D, that sounds like the voice of experience. The longest it has ever taken me to find the old part or tool after buying a replacement for the lost one was 3 weeks. Normally it as about 2 days. :lol:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 pm

I found my missing spark plug wrench about fifteen minutes after I came home with the new one. Probably can't have too many.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:57 pm

I've had some luck by waving a magnet around the general area where I've dropped a screw! Dusty B

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:58 pm

The screwdriver or pliers I can't find usually end up being found wherever my wife left them.

Bob

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:The screwdriver or pliers I can't find usually end up being found wherever my wife left them.

I won't tell Sue you said that, I'll just ask if she knows about it!! :D

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 pm

I nearly lost the same screw a few weeks ago. set it on the hood while I filled the oil in the fan hub, then promptly forgot about it. luckily it fell off when I backed out of the garage (on the concrete floor), so it was easy to find once I realized what I had done. Then the other day I stopped to fill up gas in the field with the tractor sitting in a furrow and did the same thing with the gas cap! luckily it didn't fall off until i was turning around at the end of the row because I didn't notice until several turns later when I saw the gas splashing out the top... never would have found it if it got buried. That's what I get for plowing before I have my coffee in the morning!

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:22 am

No -- I've never done anything like that!!! I enjoy have two of everything!