This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

touch control box identification,..

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kubotakidman
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48892

touch control box identification,..

Postby kubotakidman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:37 pm

I have a problem trying to order a rebuild kit for my 1976 cub touch control hydro unit,..Please help if you can,..Id appreciate it.
The problem is, the parts house needs the raised letter casting number on the block casting,... the head has the raised casting numbers , and I gave them to them,..BUT the heads are the same between both blocks,...
there are (NO) casting numbers visable on the touch control block,..I used a powered wire brush to clean up the cosmetics,..Still,... no raised casting numbers,..Also I will tell you that I have worked at a international dealer back in the day as a mechanic, So this is a very common staple to see the raised casted part numbers. in most parts,..and I know what they look like.. the parts man says that the fact that my international cub,..1976 model,..250000 plus don't tell him what touch control unit I have?? Really? Ok...so Iam lookin for a pros opinion. I found a (stamped number) on the machined part of the casting that is says.. 12 76.. And ill assume that's the mounth and year that it was built..Please help me if you can..Eric

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: touch control box identification,..

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:07 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50502&p=420560&hilit=TC+part+number#p420560

Scroll down to the second picture, your # is probably alongside the piston.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

kubotakidman
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48892

Re: touch control box identification,..

Postby kubotakidman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:11 pm

BOB,
Thank you for your response,.. After I looked at the thread, you posted and saw the pic of the stamping inside the housing,... I knew it had to be the case of my problem, I went and looked and sure enough after wiping of the grease there it was,..Thanks SO much I need to get this thing on a job,...Eric

Return to “Farmall Cub”