Pure Gas, Ethanol-Free

Fri May 02, 2014 7:32 am

I just wanted to post this that I have been using pure gas or ethanol-free gas in all of my tractors and outdoor equipment. I have noticed a difference in the performance of the equipment, especially the tractors. I have been getting the ethanol-free gas from a company in Ravenna, Ohio Ravenna Oil pickup or delivery. You can locate any stations via the web pure-gas.org. :D

Re: Pure Gas, Ethanol-Free

Fri May 02, 2014 8:21 am

Pabst wrote:Ravenna Oil

I know the place. It's where I buy off road diesel for my loader, they sell off road racing fuel as well. Ethanol free gas is a must for many two stroke engines (even though the owners book says it's ok) because, in my experience, over time it will prematurely rot out the plastic fuel lines. As you mentioned,
Pabst wrote:I have noticed a difference in the performance of the equipment, especially the tractors.

these old tractors seem to run better and use less fuel too.

Fri May 02, 2014 8:30 am

Yep, same here in western New York. We have a local gas company, NOCO, and they offer ethanol free, 91 octane gas. I run it in just about everything now. It's a little more expensive, but if you're a AAA member, you get $.03 per gallon off. It's still running about $4.05 a gallon (regular gas is about $3.85 a gallon around here) but I know I see a real difference in fuel mileage in my Pathfinder, and I'm sure it runs better in everything I own.

Fri May 02, 2014 8:50 am

Maybe it's the climate, I don't know. But I have experienced no problems with gas with ethanol in it.

Al

Fri May 02, 2014 8:57 am

I have used the referenced site before. I have also found local gas stations, not listed on the site, that sell ethanol free premium gasoline.

Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 am

I too use only non-ethanol gas, treated with Stabil (2 oz per 5 gal), in all of my gas tractors and small engines.

I've found it really helps with starting in those engines that are only used occasionally, such as generators. The ethanol seemed to cause deterioration of plastic and rubber components in the fuel systems as well as accelerating rust development in steel gas tanks.

Fri May 02, 2014 3:13 pm

I have also used non ethanol gas in everything for 3 years . Paying a little more seems tome to be well justified , I have seen what the ethanol does to fuel lines and small engine carbs.

Berlin

Fri May 02, 2014 10:00 pm

The reservation up the road has ethanol free gas, and I always get it for the small engines. don't bother with the car though.

Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Stabil will not prevent the Ethanol in the gas from picking up water. The reason 10% Ethanol will work in automobiles is because they are a sealed system that circulates the fuel. Anything with a vented tank, such as old tractors and lawn equipment, will suffer because of it. It tends to gel and pickup water. It's only good in law equipment for 30 days and then mowers don't want to start. It's the governments way of stimulating the small engine repair people.........Nobody has invented an additive that will prevent picking up water, although some advertize they have. Here is a video that shows this phenomena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzFzYoxxA10

Sat May 03, 2014 1:31 am

Super A wrote:Maybe it's the climate, I don't know. But I have experienced no problems with gas with ethanol in it.

Al
Same here Al :? i left some Ethanol gas in the Cubs carb for over 5 months cause the fuel line was leaking and had a spark issue and only found some nastiness... :lol: