This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

LH Brake Shaft

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WS50demo0505
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44662

LH Brake Shaft

Postby WS50demo0505 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:49 pm

I am trying to remove the LH brake shaft (part #351 487 R21). It is well lubricated and slides easily out until the right hand end of the shaft gets inside the housing. Then it pulls tight and wont move. Before I get tough with it, is it supposed to slide all the way out without binding?
I think maybe the shaft is bent. Doesn't look like the right end is peened over or anything like that.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: LH Brake Shaft

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat May 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Here's a link to a How to that might help: viewtopic.php?t=17410

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: LH Brake Shaft

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Push it back and use some emery cloth or a file to dress the end and around where the pedal set screw hits the shaft.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”