Triplet end section

Wed May 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi,
I don't know if all of you with Cub 22 or other IH mowers have heard of a Triplet end section. That's IH's name for them. They have made them for years. They are made to stop the cut grass plugging at the outer end of the bar that happens when mowing thick grass. Years ago I used to have to stop and get off the Cub, and clear the clog out by hand. They invented the Triplet to solve that. It works really good for me, hardly any plugging using a Triplet. It is wider than a regular knife, so it sticks out the end a little farther when mowing.
I asked about them today at my local Case IH dealer, the part number for the light duty serrated one is 467458R11, and it costs $6.56 here in the west. If you have plugging problems at the outer end, you might try one. Here's a pic of it from an older IH brochure. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Triplet end section

Thu May 08, 2014 5:41 am

Good tip Glen- we had a couple of mowers with triplets and they make a difference! One was a fast hitch on a 300 Utility and the other was a mid-mount on a 454......

Re: Triplet end section

Thu May 08, 2014 8:47 pm

We ran them all the time in the 7 foot sickle behind the H. Really reduced the clogging at the end, especially if cutting wiry stuff like lespedeza or cheat.