This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Folding up the Cub 22 mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

Folding up the Cub 22 mower

Postby leerenovations » Fri May 30, 2014 4:45 am

Not a very big deal, but just wondering. In all the pics I see of Cub 22s mounted and folded, the mower is almost at a 90 degree angle to the tractor. WHen I try to fold mine, I cant get it that far up. Mine only goes up to about a 45 degree angle. What am I doing wrong? I am making sure that the pitman wrist pin is at the bottom of the flywheel like the manual says. It appears that the grass rod is hitting at the pitman attatchment cover (wher the pitman hooks on to the knife)., but it is loose enough that it moves easily and dosent seem to be holding the mower open. Im sure im doing something wrong, but cant figure it out.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Re: Folding up the Cub 22 mower

Postby v w » Fri May 30, 2014 5:56 am

I will have trouble with the knives dropping down while raising the bar even if the pitman is correctly positioned. It makes no difference if the bar is on the ground or raised. I simply tie the pitman arm up before raising the bar. Since your pitman is still loose this doesn't sound like your problem but you might try it. The bar should go nearly vertical. Vern

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Fri May 30, 2014 6:22 am

Did you raise your hydraulics after securing the bar? When the end of the bar is sitting on the ground it will be about a 45 degree angle.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Fri May 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Maybe thats it, but I thought the pics I saw of the mowers parked at shows, the mower still looked like a 90 degree angle when on the ground. My thinking is it would be unwise to keep pressure on the hydraulics when just parked. I was always taught to lower all hydraulics when not using them, as they can fail without notice.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

Return to “Farmall Cub”