This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub starting

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Farmall Henry
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44281

cub starting

Postby Farmall Henry » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Here is the pitch. Got cub that started but needed lots of choke. Also the Governor was not working right. so--- took governor off and took it apart cleaned it up and put in new oil seal and spring. Put it back on the tractor. Tractor will not start at all got several explosions on top of muffler. Thats all. Is there any way I could have screwed up anything when I reinstalled the governor or shou;ld I ;look further. :help: Henry

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub starting

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:34 pm

Did you line up the governor timing marks with the other marks?

timing.JPG
timing.JPG (65.49 KiB) Viewed 165 times
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub starting

Postby Eugene » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 pm

What ignition system does your Cub have? Magneto, battery powered. or magneto with external coil.

Since tractor "ran", sort of, prior to removing the governor, the ignition timing is off. The correction will depend on the answer to the previous question.

Any way, one tooth off on the governor-ignition drive gear installation equals a 10 degree change in point the ignition system fires.

Edit: Tackle one problem at a time. Cub apparently has a carburetion problem. Tackle the ignition problem first.

Question: What is the history on this tractor?
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”