seat post dissasembly

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:41 pm

hello i am trying to figure out how to dissassemble the pan seat pedestal. i removed the two bolts but nothing will budge. does the top screw on or do i need to beat on it? thanks for all the help!

Re: seat post dissasembly

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:53 pm

If you are trying to separate the post from the tube, you are in for a challenge. If you have removed the key block, which is the little oblong block in the rear that is held to the post with two screws, they should separate. If the pieces are stuck, then you need to use everything at your disposal. I am talking about the best penetrating oil that you have and maybe heat from a torch. I was never able to separate my 1947 post. So, I had to buy another post assembly. Good Luck.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:06 pm

excelent just used a punch to remove the block or key and it came apart. thanks

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:18 pm

You lucky dog!!!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:44 pm

haha hopefully its the begining for lots of luck to come, cause i usually only have bad luck!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:07 pm

BIGHOSS I was thinking the same thing that 1990caprice was battleing a seat post that was not moving at all. Which reminded me of how I cured a stuck one a little while back. http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64924&p=529563&hilit=+seat+post#p529563

Glad the seat post came apart easy for you :{_}: