L-22 mower

Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:40 am

I recently installed this on my 1957 Loboy. I put the belt on...a tricky task....and once on it is a bit loose. It was all I could do to roll it on there so, belatedly, I am thinking there must be a tensioner. Is there a tensioner on this mower and could anyone tell me how it adjusts? Many thanks!

Re: L-22 mower

Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:55 am

Here is the belt tensioner. Just turn the bolt whichever way you need it to loosen or tighten.

22tensioner.JPG

Modified photo from TM Tractor Parts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Thank you! Found it and adjusted it. Frankly, it was just a little too far down for me to see it ( I don't do floors as well as I used to and getting down is not the problem) and the whole concept completely eluded me until the last minute. Now the friggin battery will not hold a charge. Not easy to scare up a 6v on Sunday but I guess I will give malWart a try.

Nim

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Nimrod wrote:Now the friggin battery will not hold a charge.

Have you checked the electrolyte level?

Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah...I could do that standing up. Just a really old tired battery I guess. Can't remember if it is the one that was on the former wreck of a tractor when I hauled it in here, but probably is.