BigDog's Birthday Plow Day

Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Darrell and Janet came over today in time for the Sunday buffet at the Clay Haus. After lunch we load up two cubs and headed out to my cousin's farm for an afternoon of plowing before it rained. We had a lot of fun and the rain held off until we were driving back to the house to load up.

Doug

Bigdog making the first pass

Bigdog better get a move on

Finished before the rain came

Re: BigDog's Birthday Plow Day

Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Truly a great relaxing day. I do love to plow.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:01 pm

My favorite! Plowing is really relaxing for me, give me lots of time for contemplation. :) :)

Great pics of the Bigdog.

Bill

Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:12 pm

It was a tad on the wet side but it did not plow too badly. Had a great afternoon with Doug and got to smell some fresh turned dirt! It doesn't get a whole lot better than that! :D

Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:23 pm

It's good to see that guy back in a tractor seat. :D

Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:26 pm

Don McCombs wrote:It's good to see that guy back in a tractor seat. :D

looks like it was made for him!
Ed

Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Looks like you could have had some fun with a sickle mower before you started plowing. That would have made for the perfect day!

Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:51 pm

:thumbsup:

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 am

Didn't get to plow this Spring, so it is great seeing these plowing pictures. I can almost smell the turned dirt!!!

Mike

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:13 am

There is something about plowing and especially when breaking sod. Good to see a fun time by all.
Mr E wrote:Looks like you could have had some fun with a sickle mower before you started plowing. That would have made for the perfect day!

I prefer mowing to plowing. Vern