Junk

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:53 pm

Picked up a 61 today.
Motor is free. The tractor has been turned over at some point. The radiator support on the left side is bent along with the hood. Inside the tank is a mess and the shifter is stuck. Three bad tires and both front rims are trashed. It has the tires that I believe came on it when it was new. I do not believe it has a lot of hours use. The guy I got it from got it from his Dad and it has been sitting out side for over ten years. It has about half of one of the Sunflower mowers on it, the other half has rusted away. It will be a chore to get it back running but I am up for it.

Mother was telling me she thought "this was the worst one she has ever seen" in the picture below.

Sadly I told her that I have brought home much worst. :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tezell on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Junk

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:58 pm

I see possibilities, Good luck with it!

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:04 pm

You must have bought it below scrap price, I don't see a frying pan in her hand.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:13 am

Lots of potential there…I've seen pictures of your work…This should be a piece of cake for you…A large piece but , still a piece of cake….Have fun…Dave…PS I have one that resembles it torn apart in my shop…Not quite as challenging though…. :lol:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 am

Something to piddle with. From the picture it ain't a bad looking cub. You'll have fun.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:36 am

You'll get it going Tim.....I always love a good challenge. 8)

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Come on down. We can work on it and my basket case in shifts. :{_}: :lol:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 pm

One man's junk, another man's treasure. :-)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:33 pm

That is a gem. Good luck with it. :{_}: