International LoBoy info

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:24 pm

I looked at a non running International LoBoy today that has been sitting in a shed for 10 years or so. It is all red paint, with alternator, Serial number 4829 J (1957??), and with Bush Hog model 412 mower mounted on the tractor. No visible evidence of water on the dipstick. Tractor is complete except for after market seat and missing part of the battery box. The mower appears to be complete but well worn, Turf tires are flat, did not try to turn engine but owner said it was parked because the battery would not stay charged and after her spouse died there was no one to keep it running. The owner has not indicated it is for sale, but I'd like to know what a reasonable offer would be if it becomes available. :?: Thanks.

Re: International LoBoy info

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:08 am

If the engine will turn over , where I live typical prices would be $ 4-6 hundred. If the engine Is seized then I would offer less . I don't know the value of a badly worn mower but would guess maybe $ 1-2 hundred.

Berlin

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:37 am

Bezirk wrote:If the engine will turn over , where I live typical prices would be $ 4-6 hundred. If the engine Is seized then I would offer less . I don't know the value of a badly worn mower but would guess maybe $ 1-2 hundred.

Berlin
…..Hey Berlin, enough rubbing in Virginia tractor prices... :lol:(3 posts) …Here in CNY , I think about a grand would be spent…Hope to see you at Cecils later on…Take care Dave…. :D

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:00 am

I a planning to be ther, my finger got itchy waiting for the post to show , I need more or maybe less caffeine to calm me down. Maybe some corn squeezins would work !

Berlin

Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm

I have made an agreement to buy this LoBoy Cub for $600 and the plan is to bring it home next week. I did determine that the engine is not siezed and will turn by hand using the fan blades for leverage. More information to follow after I get it to its new home and investigate what it will take to get it running again. I think I have been smitten, this makes 2 regular cubs and a parts tractor as well as the loboy now in the barn. :) :) Stan

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Good job Stan. You are getting the Cub bug.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:10 am

staninlowerAL wrote:I have made an agreement to buy this LoBoy Cub for $600 and the plan is to bring it home next week. I did determine that the engine is not siezed and will turn by hand using the fan blades for leverage. More information to follow after I get it to its new home and investigate what it will take to get it running again. I think I have been smitten, this makes 2 regular cubs and a parts tractor as well as the loboy now in the barn. :) :) Stan

Keep it up, Stan. You can be the Barnyard of the south. :big say what:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:13 am

No way I can complete with Barnyard. I'm past 70 and don't have enough years left to do that!!! :lol:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Stan:

done good .. and yeah you got bitten a bit. Nobody can compete with Barnyard -- but hey you are doing well. I have 3 in the barn and 2 on the shelf :-)