Valve adjustment

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Ok I have a 1950 cub that I tuned up recently. So I was reading to see if I overlooked anything and saw that you are supposed to remove the carburetor and manifold to adjust the valves. I've found you don't have to remove them you can just slip the tappet cover out without removing the manifold or carb. So hopefully someone can benefit from my findings.

Re: Valve adjustment

Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:07 am

Thanks for posting this, Piecrazy.

I agree with you. While it easier to remove the carb and manifold or even at least the carb, the valve adjustment can be done without removing either.

By the way...I see you joined in August of last year, but this was your first post...Congrats on coming out from the "lurk mode"...

Mike

Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:18 am

Welcome piecrazy4

Yes, can be done, many do it that way (myself included) but getting the word out is how folks benefit, thanks!

I will add it is easier without an audience of hecklers....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:18 am

dgrapes59 wrote:I will add it is easier without an audience of hecklers....
WOW...One mechanic and FOUR (in the photo anyway) supervisors...complete with beverage(s) :beer: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:49 am

Winfield Dave wrote:
dgrapes59 wrote:I will add it is easier without an audience of hecklers....
WOW...One mechanic and FOUR (in the photo anyway) supervisors...complete with beverage(s) :beer: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: :beer: :beer:

Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Looks like plenty of brains in that picture! Thanks for the tip on valve adjustment. JRICK