Scrivet thrifty

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 pm

I know Scrivet likes to be thrifty, and get as much use out of his equipment as he can, but i think he tried to go to far with this clutch disk. Would you believe we had to winch it onto the trailer?
Front

Rear. or is it the other way around, not sure.

Re: Scrivet thrifty

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:19 pm

What do you mean? It's still round!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:26 am

Is the tube laying next to it to repair the facing... :lol: Dave

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:33 am

Used up, I'd call it!
Ed

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:53 am

Yep. Looks like he got all the goody out of it.

Billy

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:22 am

pickerandsinger wrote:Is the tube laying next to it to repair the facing... :lol: Dave
It is Permatex bearing mount we used to repair the slop in the governor cross shaft. We could however, gather up all the pieces and offer a package deal. DO IT YOURSELF. :wink:

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:24 am

If you could get it going on the flat and get enough momentum, maybe you could have driven it up the ramp. :wink:

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 pm

How do you winch a clutch plate on a trailer?? Ha Ha

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:44 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:....... Would you believe we had to winch it onto the trailer?
Anyone want to guess which one of us was pushing the button on the winch and which one was pushing the tractor wheel to help the winch pull the tractor up the steep ramp. Ummmmm, now that I think about it I don't seem recall the reason we were using the steep ramps. John, help me out here, why were we using the steep ramps :lol: ????????

muleboss wrote:How do you winch a clutch plate on a trailer?? Ha Ha
Winching the clutch plate onto the trailer isn't to bad, it's that big red package it comes wrapped in that's the pain. :roll: :D

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:52 am

He definitely got his nickels worth!

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:58 pm

No way to tell, but I suspect that was the original clutch (1949). By the marks and shiny spots, it appeared it had worn down to the rivet heads, and finally wore them off. Fingers of the pressure plate showed signs of possible heat cracking, and T.O. was chipped along edge. Another pile of junk in my shed waiting on parts. Seems to be the story of my life. Scrivet has only owned the rig for about 3 years or so, and the previous owner was not real long on maintenance. I offered Scrivet the use of my shed since a concrete floor is much handier for splitting than a grass field. Plus the roof does not leak as much, which is good since we got 3 inches of rain yesterday afternoon and last night combined.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Scrivet wrote: John, help me out here, why were we using the steep ramps :lol: ????????

I sorta remember something about one end of them on the ground but they wouldn't reach the trailer..... :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 pm

We were using the ones at your place because you walked right by where my normal ramps were leaning up beside the trailer and never thought to throw them in, NOT because I forgot them. :lol: Of course those are at your place because I had an extra set and left them there in case I forgot mine sometime. I think I need to bring the extensions I made for them when using taller trailers. :D