Generator Lubrication

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 am

Is this operation as frustrating to others as it is to me??? The rear cup is remotely possible to do - I can see it through the back hole in the hood; I can reach in and open it with a finger on my left hand; but then when I stick the spout through the hole, all visibility is lost. With luck, I might be able to touchy/feely the spout into the cup, but to apply "a few drops" is impossible - perhaps a "squirt" works, and then I have to wipe the excess overfill off. And the front cup??? I can barely see it through the front hole and there is absolutely no way I can get a hand up under and in there to open the cup and still have room to get a spout anywhere close and no way to see what I am strying to do. Is the real life answer just to remove the hood??? What do you guys do?? Al D

Re: Generator Lubrication

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 am

This should help you. Pics are missing, but not really needed
viewtopic.php?f=140&t=35881

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 am

Plastic oiler with extendable spout. Auto parts store, under a number of different names such as Zoom Oiler or 3 in 1 Oiler.

The extendable tube is transparent and you can see how much oil is been applied.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Eugene has the answer, been using a Zoom oiler for years. Most commonly found in appliance parts places.
image from appliancezone.com

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll see if I can get one of those oilers tomorrow and give it a try. Al D