Rock shaft arm

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:27 pm

How do you straighten a rock shaft arm? It's so long that a hammer just flexes it or could do more damage. Is there repairs being done?

Re: Rock shaft arm

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 am

If this is the part you are looking to repair, I'd use a hydraulic press.

Photo courtesy TM Tractor Parts

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:27 am

Agree with Don, But I usually drive to the nearest tree for balance, stand on the rockshaft and bounce up and down a couple times. Has always worked for me. I know, I know...trust me, if it ever happens, y'all won't hear about it! :-)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:27 am

Picture of the problem part would help.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:59 am

Picture of Thomas bouncing on a lift rod would be beneficial as well!!

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:48 am

I've personally seen redfin straighten one with his bare hands..... :shock: He's kept his lunch money ever since. :lol:

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:22 am

I will post a photo later today if I'm able.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:16 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:Picture of Thomas bouncing on a lift rod would be beneficial as well!!
Video would be better. :lol:

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 pm

This is the rear rockshaft arm. It has quite the curve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 pm

I straightened one out that was in similar condition by sliding it over the drawbar with the back side of the bend resting on the drawbar and the end under my grader blade them putting some serious down pressure (me) on the end. Did not come out perfect, but not too bad.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:00 pm

Break out the oxy acetylene if you got it and heat it up, makes it bend a lot easier.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 pm

We have straightened many with our large table vice on our outdoor worktable. Torch could be used to help, but try not to.