Does anyone know cubguy

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know how to contact cubguy, one of the members on here. I read a post he made in 2009 saying he was making wooden grass boards, and the metal rods for them, for the Cub 22 mowers. It says he hasn't visited here for 2 years. I know someone that wants one of the rods. I wrote cubguy, and he hasn't seen my message. Thanks. :)

Re: Does anyone know cubguy

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:44 pm

I don't think he or his dad visit the Forum anymore. The rod is easy to fab, but does require the rod to be welded to the bar stock. If he wants to make one, I can measure one and PM you the dimensions.

Bob

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Another option might be tst (Tim Talleur). He has made some of the wooden grassboards and is an excellent metal fabricator. Send him a PM and he will be in touch promptly.

Bill

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:38 pm

I just made a grass board and rod for a resto I'm doing. It's not a good pic but I'll try to get another.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:15 am

Glen wrote:Hi,
Does anyone know how to contact cubguy, one of the members on here. I read a post he made in 2009 saying he was making wooden grass boards, and the metal rods for them, for the Cub 22 mowers. It says he hasn't visited here for 2 years. I know someone that wants one of the rods. I wrote cubguy, and he hasn't seen my message. Thanks. :)
I have a grassboard made by Cubguy. Problem with it is that it is too nice to use. It is made for a mower that is on a show tractor. I have it hanging on the wall like a piece of art that it is. Ted

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:54 am

I had one of those all metal -- all tractor -- grassboards. Not so good. But it had a rod and connector (if you have one of these mass market chunks-a-junk) that easily goes on to a wood grassboard. Not an exact or near-exact restoration job, but it works. Basically, a rod with a 90 deg. bend that's held by a clip that has a bolt hole. Bolt goes through the holder and the grassboard and clamps down on the rod. Need a photo? Can do.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the replies, we're going to ask tst, Tim about it and see what he makes. :)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:45 pm

what happened to CubGuy and his dad??