This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Does anyone know cubguy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Does anyone know cubguy

Postby Glen » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know how to contact cubguy, one of the members on here. I read a post he made in 2009 saying he was making wooden grass boards, and the metal rods for them, for the Cub 22 mowers. It says he hasn't visited here for 2 years. I know someone that wants one of the rods. I wrote cubguy, and he hasn't seen my message. Thanks. :)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Does anyone know cubguy

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:44 pm

I don't think he or his dad visit the Forum anymore. The rod is easy to fab, but does require the rod to be welded to the bar stock. If he wants to make one, I can measure one and PM you the dimensions.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Another option might be tst (Tim Talleur). He has made some of the wooden grassboards and is an excellent metal fabricator. Send him a PM and he will be in touch promptly.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:38 pm

I just made a grass board and rod for a resto I'm doing. It's not a good pic but I'll try to get another.

tnestell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48609

Postby tnestell » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:15 am

Glen wrote:Hi,
Does anyone know how to contact cubguy, one of the members on here. I read a post he made in 2009 saying he was making wooden grass boards, and the metal rods for them, for the Cub 22 mowers. It says he hasn't visited here for 2 years. I know someone that wants one of the rods. I wrote cubguy, and he hasn't seen my message. Thanks. :)
I have a grassboard made by Cubguy. Problem with it is that it is too nice to use. It is made for a mower that is on a show tractor. I have it hanging on the wall like a piece of art that it is. Ted

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:54 am

I had one of those all metal -- all tractor -- grassboards. Not so good. But it had a rod and connector (if you have one of these mass market chunks-a-junk) that easily goes on to a wood grassboard. Not an exact or near-exact restoration job, but it works. Basically, a rod with a 90 deg. bend that's held by a clip that has a bolt hole. Bolt goes through the holder and the grassboard and clamps down on the rod. Need a photo? Can do.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the replies, we're going to ask tst, Tim about it and see what he makes. :)

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:45 pm

what happened to CubGuy and his dad??
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall Cub”