cub hyd

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Is there a simple way to install a super A style 2 lever hyd control so I can use front and rear rockshafts independent of each other? Or would a Super A hyd unit fit?Thanks

Re: cub hyd

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:55 am

No and no. But, others have used a combination of Touch Control and a manual master control lever to achieve the same results.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:54 am

Don's suggestion also requires a separate cylinder and mounts to operate the additional equipment. If you are only wanting to use a belly mount and rear mount implement separately rather than at the same time, YOu can raise the rear implement and put a chain from it to the rockshaft then disconnect rear lift rod. for belly mount implements, you can bolt a chain hook or a loop to one of the torque tube implement mounts and raise the belly implement then chain it and disconnect from the lift arm. That is what I do with the cub I use for the carry all, belly blade, and snow blade.

another option that some use with cultivators is to replace the rear rockshaft with a hand lift. Doing this though you have to be careful, the hand lift handle passes very close to the hydraulic controls.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:04 am

OK.So a super A hyd unit with separate arms and controls won't fit?I have one here someplace

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:15 am

jrenn wrote:OK.So a super A hyd unit with separate arms and controls won't fit?I have one here someplace

Not without considerable fabrication. It certainly won't just bolt up to the Cub torque tube.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:14 pm

I guess the first step is to see if it will fit under the gas tank

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Just like you told me ;the super A hyd unit won't fit.Too long and too high.Probly if I wait a bit the thought will go away anyway

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:30 pm

If you really want to do this, I'd run a bypass block off the TC to an auxiliary valve to a cylinder to run the rear lift. Real easy to do

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:10 pm

The bypass block is easy to do, but connecting the cylinder to do something useful requires the ability to cut and weld steel.