After the tire, the battery. Suggestions?

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:49 am

Battery dead, lots of "battery fungus" growing about. Pulled battery out of box to discover that box termites were at work: lots of fuzz, lots of holes. Thinking: Buy longer battery cable (from Positive to battery box now) to go to ... where do you suggest? 6 volt, positive ground system. Would like to buy a stock cable to go from Pos. terminal to somewhere NEAR that is a solid electrical connection. Tell me, please, where to go and cable length. Now charging.

So, after the inner tube bloated itself through the rotted tire sidewall and blew calcium chloride everywhere, I'm now with new tire, air filled inner tube, and wheel weight. We reconfigured the wheel for 52" cl to cl -- dish out, and wheel weight is also "dish out." Severe damage to Tractor Budget, but eventually would like to do the other wheel.

Re: After the tire, the battery. Suggestions?

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Braided battery cable from auto parts store. Terminate the cable on top of the transmission. Entire chassis of tractor, all metal parts, is the electrical system's ground, so don't need a really long battery ground cable.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Check this out: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Sketch ... sld001.htm I believe that Bigdog suggested this arrangement for battery cables. I have two cubs like this now. Clean look with ground cable hidden inside box and connected straight to axle housing with a SS bolt through bottom of battery box. Easy to do with a very short ground cable.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:06 pm

DickB wrote:So, after the inner tube bloated itself through the rotted tire sidewall and blew calcium chloride everywhere, I'm now with new tire, air filled inner tube, and wheel weight.

Am I correct in assuming that you now have one filled tire and one unfilled tire?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:17 am

BIGHOSS wrote:Check this out: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Sketch ... sld001.htm I believe that Bigdog suggested this arrangement for battery cables. I have two cubs like this now. Clean look with ground cable hidden inside box and connected straight to axle housing with a SS bolt through bottom of battery box. Easy to do with a very short ground cable.

11" braided cable works great.