This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

BAD RUNNING

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rogerk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27021
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

BAD RUNNING

Postby rogerk » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Have not been here a while,,, but just went to move the old girl and she will idle but wont move her own load just bogs out ...even while idling if you try to pull linkage at carb from gov she falls flat,, got good fuel flow to carb cleaned jet while idiling she comes on strong every once and a while thinking a plug that is missfirring istrying to fire and a while shes been sittin for a while but i put fresh gas in her.while idiling if you try to give her more rpm at the gov it kills her any thoughts :worthy:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: BAD RUNNING

Postby Eugene » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:49 pm

How long has this tractor been sitting? Checked, your last post was 1 1/2 years ago.

First thought is carburetor is "crudded", varnished up from sitting for a long period of time. Cheap try, container of carburetor in fuel tank.

Edit. Should read carburetor cleaner in fuel tank. If that doesn't work, post back.
Last edited by Eugene on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Maybe a sluggish/sticking valve after sitting? Eugene's "cheap try" suggestion would be good for that also.

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Try Seafoam or Marvel Mystery Oil. (the 2 I usually use)
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall Cub”