This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Won't Crank up

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Touch Control Won't Crank up

Postby Hengy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 pm

The Riot wrote:Sorry about that I picked up the wrong pic.

Trying again

From the look of this, it appears that the flat side of the figure 8 spring should go toward the manifold outlets with the tangs going toward the drive gear. Is that how you have it installed?

Mike
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

The Riot
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77441
Tractors Owned: 1963 Cub - Big Red
1972 Cub - Gramps

Postby The Riot » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Cecil Thank you very much Sir, this will definately help me determine if it's the pump or in the TC block.

The Riot

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Trent M » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:43 pm

The Riot wrote:That's a great tip, I will give it a try. Should I drain the oil in the block before I put the air in it?

I am either reading for misunderstanding the instructions in the CBoK about the installation of the Cover Spring "8". The experienced experts are giving me pointers that have the "8" installed with the flat side against the brass and the tangs facing forward or toward the Drive Gear of the pump.
Here in the pic from the CBoK on installation it says to have the tangs facing the brass bushings and the flat side facing the Drive Gear or facing forward.
Right now I have it installed with the flat against the bushings and the tangs facing the Drive Gear / forward and it's not working. I guess i should try flipping it.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
The Riot

I think that's your problem, flip it. The tangs should face the bushings (and the gears behind the bushings) NOT the drive gear on the shaft that is outside of the pump housing.
Trent McPeak

The Riot
10+ Years
10+ Years
1972 Cub - Gramps

Postby The Riot » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:49 pm

Cecil,
Thank you very much, that will certainly help me determine if the problem is in the pump or the TC.

The Riot

The Riot
10+ Years
10+ Years
1972 Cub - Gramps

Postby The Riot » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:31 pm

And it continues. I flipped the figure 8 spring and made tripple sure that the flat side is toward the manifold and the tangs are facing the pump gears, the tangs are touching the brass bushings.

I guess my only next step is to come up with a surefire way to determine if my pump is pumping. Any ideas? Once I determine that I will know if my next step is to tear down the block and check all of the internals and valves.

Does anyone know if I put a gauge on the Hi side of the manifold according to the directions, should I be able to see pressure if the pump is good but I have a stuck valve in the block? If I have a stuck valve I'm thinking that the oil will just be by-passing and I won't get any pressure even if the pump is good.

thanks again,
The Riot

Return to “Farmall Cub”