Warped Carb Help!

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:09 pm

It leaks a bit.... Cecil, can you fix this one for me? The idle tube is still good, I think its salvageable... :wink:

Re: Warped Carb Help!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:27 am

Its warped alright! :lol:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:59 am

send it up and I'll take a look at it.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:08 am

That one might take a special fixture. I have one of them. It is round, and 33 gallon.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:40 am

Let me guess, Raymond. You bought that at a fire sale? :D

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:18 am

Raymond, I think you will need the "Complete" rebuild kit (rather than the basic) for that one!!!!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Might take me a while to find it, but I have the rest around here someplace. You will just need to warm it up and reshape it. It is currently a round puddle.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Looks like the idle tube is about all that's left......how often do you say that? :lol:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:44 pm

Smooth Raymond ... smooth :big smile:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:34 am

The colloquial expression here is "that one is a little fur along".

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Beginning to think that carb came from someone else on the Forum.....Can't remember who it was, but the same result happened after soaking the carb in vinegar. I know Rudi would recall the person. :shock:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:28 pm

I think I can save it.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Mail it to me Raymond , it will be Bob's Christmas present.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Raymond, mail it to me, it will be Jim's Christmas present. (Moderators, please delete the previous post from Jim). :lol:

Bob

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Into Tractors wrote:Beginning to think that carb came from someone else on the Forum.....Can't remember who it was, but the same result happened after soaking the carb in vinegar. I know Rudi would recall the person. :shock:

This one is mine off a Cub I bought a while back (yes Don it was a fire sale!!) It had a rubber gas line, but can't say if that was the root cause of the fire.
There was only minor damage to the Cub (minus the carb of course) and the engine is a high altitude version so I'm gonna try and save it, but it'll be a long shot!