This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kil Deere Honda conversion Cub ( pics )

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Kil Deere Honda conversion Cub ( pics )

Postby Redcub » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:56 am

What if he just fill up the pan ( over filled ) with dirty motor oil and just lets it splash around on the old crank shaft? Put a piece of foam from an old chair on top of the block and screw down the plywood. Who knows? Now I'm dying to get a look under the plywood.
Perhaps he doesn't use the TC hyd system and it does not work.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:40 pm

It is definitely interesting and if ANYONE could go take a closer look and take some pictures, that would be "neat" to see. Man.....the things some people do.......haha.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Well at least the flat hood would make a great place to sit your lunch when working.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Postby smallfarm » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 pm

That's not a flat hood -- it's a flat head :lol:
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:52 am

Heck I think even Jim Becker is overthinking things here.

At most he has removed the head from the engine, and probably only the spark plugs. Crankcase and oiling system are still in place. Engine oil pump might not be putting out a lot of pressure but it is putting out enough to keep things lubed for now. Because the pistons are not firing, it doesn't need as much oil. Mainly on the mains.

2:1 ratio on the engine to crank pulley gets you back within the Cub's RPM range.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:40 pm

At least he will not be worrying about excess water coming out radiator overflow.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Anybody get to check it out or get any other pictures?
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:09 pm

Ok just back from Steam Up and I got a better look at the Kil Deere Cub. The "cowl" plywood was screwed down so I could not lift it up. Besides that, its not mine and I would not like to come back from getting a cherry shave ice and a big piece of fry bread to find some :censored: stranger taking apart my Cub. Right guys?

Here is a close up of the pulley:

When I looked a little closer from the front left I could see another piece of plywood bolted down on top of the block. The head had been removed, along with the manifold/carb, and other unnecessary parts. I have no idea about the pistons and I didn't feel that I should pull out the dipstick to check for oil.

Cubbers, does that look like the stock IH Cub pulley on the front of the block?

That's all I can give you. Maybe next year it will be back and I can track down the owner.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Looks like an IH pulley to me. The pulley set up on the back of the replacement engine looks like the electric mower engage clutch on my riding lawnmower. I wonder if this thing has two clutches or if the regular one is inoperable?

Return to “Farmall Cub”