This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

That darned front pulley

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Re: That darned front pulley

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:27 pm

I got the pulley off this afternoon without breaking it!
Reinforced my jig a little, put a propane torch on the hub for a couple of minutes, and jacked till it popped loose.
Phase 1 complete, machine shop is next.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Dave

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

fl37
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 96021
Tractors Owned: 2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Re: That darned front pulley

Postby fl37 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:21 pm

I've pulled crankshaft pulleys using an air chisel with a blunt bit. Grab the pulley with your right hand and pull while hammering on the end of the crankshaft with the air chisel. Impact is generally more effective than steady pull with a gear puller for removing stuck pulleys. Learned this trick from the owner of the engine shop that does engine block cleaning for me occasionally.

Return to “Farmall Cub”