Dumb Question

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Can't find a decent pic .. brackets are in the barn .. I am not going down for a day or so ..

Can I use the lo-boy brackets for the C-2 mower to mount my drawbar or do I really need to get the lo-boy drawbar mounting brackets...

Re: Dumb Question

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:06 pm

you need the brackets for the drawbar

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Rudi, I'm not sure I understand the question. If you have a C2 mower on a lowboy wouldn't you already have the drawbar with the brackets on the tractor? The drawbar with the standard brackets are on my F-Cub with a 59 C2.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Thanks Tim.... it is what I figured. Need to put a drawbar on me lo-boy

Ray .. I have the C-2 .. it is hanging on the wall in me pole barn awaiting when I can start welding on it again.... the mule drive bracket for the C-2 is a little different and I don't think it has the pin that the lo-boy brackets have .. Item #8 in the parts breakdown.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:01 pm

You will need the drawbar brackets to mount a drawbar.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:43 am

I don't think you need the drawbar or drawbar brackets to put a C-2 on a Lo Boy. The manual shows 'brackets' for the pivot point of the arms (angle irons). Essentially you only need a way to set the rear height and allow the arms to pivot. That will be attached to the finals. It may need to extend back as a Lo Boy is shorter than a Cub and the arms on the mower line up with the finals and mule drive on a Cub. I don't think there would be much consequence (except shorter belt) if you move the pivot point forward by drilling holes in the mower's L brackets.

A Cub doesn't need a drawbar, just spacers, as the mule drive is sized for the drawbar brackets to be sandwiched between the mule drive and finals. Lo Boy mule drive is attached to the PTO, so no problem there.

A drawbar would be handy, but purely optional.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:39 pm

the loboy mule drive bolts around the pto shaft, the mower is held in place by brackets bolted to the mule drive, to mount the drawbar you need drawbar brackets

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:12 pm

I have no intention of mounting the C-2 to the Lo-Boy. What I want to do is use my drag with the Lo-boy .. so I need the drawbar ergo I need the drawbar brackets... and thanks to everyone for confirming that for me.

TM doesn't have em nor are any listed and Jamie hasn't gotten back to me yet .. I will have to troll eBay I guess and see what shakes loose.

Thanks for all the input guys. I should have known the answer -- but after all the med issues this past year my brain isn't as sharp as it used to be and I kinda need help every now and then to light the lightbulb .. :lol:

I am getting a little more active and I am finding that I need to be here and wanting to be more active and that is a good thing. Missed y'all a bit too much methinks !!