Remote control snow blade.

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Alan Gee
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 169174

Remote control snow blade.

Postby Alan Gee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:27 pm

My tractor has the original plow blade set up that requires you to dismount , pull the clevis pin , push the blade to the angle you want re-install the pin and get back up on the seat every time you need to change blade angle. I have searched the web for a six volt hydrolic pump to try and lash up a system to do it from the drivers seat but can not find a motor/pump assy that runs on 6 volts. The closest thing I found was a special built item that was about $500 bucks ,,way to expensive for my blood.
Anyone out there ever try to do it or even a lever system that is just hand powered ? I even thought of going to the auto scrap yard and getting a steering box off an older non-power steering car and lash that up but it would end up a complicated system of U joints to allow the blade to raise and lower.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Remote control snow blade.

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Here's a link to a "manual remote" system to angle the blade that Dave Winfield came up with: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76419&p=613494&hilit=snow+plow#p613494
I think if you search the "how to" forum you'll find several that run off the Cub's hydraulic system. Parts, cylinder, and control valve add up quickly.

Bob

Edit: Here's a link to the C B of K: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=57962
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Remote control snow blade.

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:53 pm

A number of us have made our blades hydraulically adjustable. No need to "lash up" anything. Rather easy to do it correctly. What you need to do is add a by-pass block, a Pressure Relief Valve, a used Cub Cadet Cessna Eaton Valve, some hose and a hydraulic cylinder and voila .. you have an adjustable blade from the seat.

Here is a pic of my Ellie a 48 Cub 6 volt with a hydraulically actuated blade.

I got lucky . the by-pass plate was from a close friend, the cylinder cost me ifn I remember correctly about 50 or 60 bucks, PRV was about the same, hose was around 50 bucks and the valve I got off of e-Bay and it cost me less than 20 bucks. So a little time learning .. and you can have what you want and the satisfaction of building it yourself. I can search the archives to see what it actually cost but it is somewhere in the neighbourhood of $250.00 or so.

Search here for Cessna Eaton Valves, Pressure Relief Valves etc., and you will find a number of threads that refer to building such a critter along with a few other interesting items. :-)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”